Monday, February 19, 2018

The Scan results wasn't what I had expected. We had prepared for  the worst and the best results. It landed somewhere in between. Which is ok. We just weren't ready for. First we where told that the Oncologist wanted to do two more rounds. Normally with the age of patients that have this type of Cancer only do 4 rounds of chemo. The reason behind this is that with more rounds of the powerful toxic drugs the patients loose there hearing, and there quality of life goes down.

Since Elijah tolerated the chemo so well they want to do two more rounds of chemo on him. I don't want him to have to do that again. Plus I don't want him to loose his hearing. She said it was a trade off. I also don't want him to be a test dummy. Since he is the youngest with this kind of cancer there are so many unknowns.

We got to look at the scans. The first scans, then the last ones to compare. I couldn't see much of anything on the last scans. He is doing wonderfully. So much improvement, I was truly and still am so very thankful for these results. I am going to get a second opinion on the scans to see what another person finds before we make that decision. The Oncologist is giving us a week to make up our minds on what is going to happen next.

I feel like its such a grey area with all the medical stuff and what is legal. What really is our say, can we now deny there future treatments. Now that he is doing so much better, and that he isn't in danger of dying? Also know that he is 15 he has some more say in what happens in his own body.

I've been praying and asking for the right guidance for Elijah's highest and best outcome.

So I guess we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment